Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Well good Morning to All
I know it has been awhile ....
but summer is a busy time ...family ...visiting ...
but I did sit down yesterday and got 2 yes 2 cards done...I have been watching my SIL
Barb and Nina ...making the most beautiful cards
that I thought I should use some of the stuff I got when we all went shopping ...
here is the challenge from
                                                            So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using " Black N' White Only ."
  2. Or Make a project with " Some Bling ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Black N' White Project with some Bling! "

so here is my try at the challenge...
paper used Unforgettable Love
oval pearls from a challenge I had won over a year ago
(boy do I stash stuff away)
two buttons for flowers middles...ribbon Celebrate...
I know I need to learn hope to take better pictures ...one day
Now this next challenge was from checking out Nina's blog...
Tuesday Morning Sketches ...
make sure you stop by Nina's to see her awesome card...
the little tassel she made for her party hat is so cute ...love it .
ok now my try at this layout ....
see what I mean about picture taking ...
the birthday paper was some of the paper I picked up from Memories and More
and the embossing powder I used was new to me so I was not sure how it would turn out ...I will keep playing with it it Shabby White embossing enamel...and if anybody out there has ideas on how to use this product ...please feel free to send advice....:):)

Well Bare and his twin Bill were starting out on their bike trip ...
Maggie and I were wishing the best for them ...and glad they get to do this at least once a year ...
great for brothers together ...they rode over to another brothers place and visited ...
Thanks Bill and Maggie for the visit ...
and oh yes Charlie said to tell you he misses Mogul..

12 comments:

Laura said...

I love how you've used patterned paper as the focal point! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Judy, i know how hard it is for me to do MS corner/border punches all the way around..and you did super and your card is so happy...love the cupcakes!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love that black & white card - so classy & elegant! And the birthday card is super fun - love those cupcakes & the 'xo' embellishments :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

I don't know if you've already read this tip for the Shabby White- but I've been playing with some of those new EPs also, and they're tricky! I shake the bottle up a lot first to mix it up, and when heating I heat from the bottom. I use a piece of folded scrap paper, put my piece to be heated in the fold area (to kind of keep it steady) and then point up with the heat gun. It's working for me - well, so far!

Melissa Craig said...

Very sweet birthday card! Glad you found us. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dawn said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Angela said...

Lovely cards! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,

How nice to see you post again - I was waiting and waiting! If you hadn't done so I mighta had to post FOR YOU haha! Kidding of course.

I think both your cards are wonderful but I have to admit your black one is the stunner. Very elegant.

I have not used any of that embossing enamel before so no help here.

Look like the boys are off for an adventure! Woo Hoo!

Love u,
SIL

Debbie said...

Great cards!! I love the fun DP on the birthday card!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Judy, your card for Friday Mashup is so pretty and elegant. We must have been creating at the same time, I will post mine tomorrow.
Your card for Tuesday Morning is so fun. I love all the fun elements. Nice to see you crafting.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Oh wonderful! I love the black and white card - the added embellishments are just wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at The Friday Mashup! :)

Heidi Baks said...

Love all the bling on your B&W card! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Amy White said...

Your black and white paper looks fab embellished with pearls - really elegant Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!
BTW, my top tips for taking better photos (discovered with a lot of trial and error and reading other people's tips!) is to use a neutral background, stand the card upright (you can see dimension better this way) and try and use as much natural light as possible. Hope that helps!