Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ok Nina had another awesome card up ...
make sure you check it out
it was a challenge from
challenge #99...by their
newest Challenge Team Member Linda Pekrul...
The theme she has chosen is a "Place in Time".
the rules are easy ...so please stop and give the challenge a try...
Now I know your are to use a photo ...but my printer decide today
 was a good day to run of ink....
so
I
decide
to use this sheet of paper I had for awhile ...

the paper is Gartner - BonVoyage-Map Collection
the paper had that picture of the ship so ..I thought lets go with this ...
I need to learn so much more about embossing ...
on the Welcome Home I used Stampendous-Shabby white
embossing enamel...
I used the old fashion picture corners to age the picture ...
well I can't believe card number 3 ...wow
well I hope you enjoy the card ...
and please make sure you stop by all the blogs.
Have a great weekend

8 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Judy,

What an interesting card! Your use of the shop is very imaginative and fits so nicely with the map paper. Way to go!

♥ SIL

Cindy C. said...

Very handsome looking card indeed!

fairyrocks said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for Playing in Paradise. You ladies make me wish I was a card maker. Keep smiling and creating.

Dawn said...

Hi Judy, Such a gorgeous vintage card. I love the paper and picture. Wonderful design. Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise with us this week.

Hugs, Dawn

Linda Pekrul said...

You've captured the theme beautifully Judy. Coming home is a very special place in time! Love your card, you've chosen beautiful papers and created a wonderful vintage feel. Don't you just love that embossing enamel!! Thanks so much for Playing with us in Paradise this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous masculine card Judy, I love the vintage feel. Thank you for joining us for Playing in Paradise this week.

Jessi Fogan said...

Love the maps! And the embossing enamel is tricky stuff. I have the same stuff - it is gorgeous, but has a learning curve for using it! If you heat from underneath it won't spray around quite as much. I tend to put my project on a folded piece of copy paper, and then heat both things (if that makes sense?) to cut down even more on the blowing around. When it's about 90% melted then I do the last bit from the top to be sure & get it all.
Trust me, those few tips were hard-won by me spilling it, blowing it everywhere, and giving my poor dog a "Shabby Pink" enamel hair-do ;)
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week, Judy :)

VJ's Scrap Room said...

I LOVE this card too. The boat with the map background is a BEAUTIFUL combination.:) I haven't tried that kind of embossing yet.I DO want to try it one day though.:)

Hugs,
Valinda