Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Photo Source
THe Friday Mashup

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Birthday" project.
  2. Or Make a project using "Pastels/Chalks or Pastel Colors".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project using Pastels" .
sorry no pastels used here ...just the birthday theme...
I know the picture is kind of dark but I wanted the happy birthday embossing to show...
just things and papers left over from other cards...
Ok now here is my attempt at tall and skinny ...
the stamp I used was one I got from my SIL Nina....
she is one of the designers over at Scrapbooker's Paradise
yes I tried my hand at coloring in the scene...
so what do you think...
the card was just cardstock ...ribbon from my scrap bin..
the stamp...Stamps Happen...

Now here is the little guy Ethan...
he loves to play hockey ...
Drew(Ethan cousins plays)
So Drew set up the net and a way Ethan goes...
yes we got some snow ...not much but some.

Well everybody have a great week ...please stop by
my SIL's blog Barb...Neti...Nina....
and of course our daughter's Samantha ..
and our good friend Val...
they all have something to share...
you can found them all in the side bar...

15 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hello again Judi,

Great idea to use the embossing folder with a patterned paper.

You did a lovely job of colouring the other card, I like the layout of that one too.

Thanks for Playing with us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Judy..you are leaving me in the dust girl..cough cough..LOL I LOVE your GORGEOUS cards and your birthday card is soo COLORFUL!! How festive!:)

Ethan looks so CUTE..and I wonder how he has any room to move with all that gear..let alone hit the hockey puck.LOL

Hope you are having a FANTASTIC weekend my friend!!

Hugs,
Valinda

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Judy,

So nice to see all your crafting! Your first card is so pretty - I'm a sucker for polka dots. Such nice and bright colors too!

Congrats on the second card, your coloring is terrific, you're really coming along and the sheer ribbon is the ideal element to pair it up with.

Whoever receives these will be very blessed.

Awww - Ethan looks like a future hockey star! Always enjoy your photos!

Love,
SIL

Samantha said...

Great cards Mom!
I think that both of them are awesome.
Great job!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic cards Judy. Wonderful job colouring that image.

Lesley said...

Hi Judy,
I always love polka dots on birthday cards! Great colouring!
Smiles,
Lesley

fairyrocks said...

Lovley card, and sweet little boy tales and photo
Thank You for playing in paradise.

Kim P said...

Love the polka dots and ric-rac on your birthday card! Thans for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

Judi this came out great.. What a great idea to use patterned paper like that with an Embossing folder. It really pops! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Teresa Kline said...

luv the polka dots, so cuuuute...hope you have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

Lisa said...

What a bright and fun birthday card! I love it!

That image on your second card is just awesome, I love it!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Rita W said...

What a fun card! I love all those colorful circles and the embossing just looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Allison Rankin said...

Your tall card is lovely! What a beautiful stamp! Thanks for Playing in Paradise this week.

Merlie said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us this week

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely bright and fun card. Thanks' for playing at The Friday Mashup.