Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

This challenge comes from the Scrap'n Stamp store ...
check into there gallery and there's where you found the challenge....
 so here is my try...the papers used are scraps I embossed the Merry Christmas
Spellbinder Lacey Oval....
Now this next challenge is neat ...and get me trying to do the paper that way...

HSS Bargello Technique Challenge #93


This week we are asking you to get creative with strips of designer or pattern paper to bring to life this BARGELLO technique that is widely used by needle crafters. You simply use strips of paper to make an amazing background for your project or card. You can see a more detailed tutorial about this technique HERE.
So I gave it a try ..it is kind of neat ...
so here is my card for the challenge...
and you can give the challenge a try go to

oh boy tomorrow is Friday....and we all know what that means
see you tomorrow....

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Great job on your cards mom! Glad to see you had some time to try out that technique you were wanting to do!
I think you did a wonderful job!

Krista said...

I love the colors. The bargello looks like candy. :) I really like the cute ornament, too. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

LeroyLime said...

Love BOTH of your Bargello cards! It's a bit addicting once you made one, eh?! :) Love all the candy striped red DP on your second card. Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

inkedx2 said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love the paper you used. The image is a good one. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the technique! I love the patterned paper. Such great Christmas colors. I love that you used lots of stripes for a candy cane effect. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Judy...I LOVE your cards!!! Love that challenge too! I hadn't thought of doing so many strips of paper but they sure do look COOL!!:) How FUN! :)

Love how FESTIVE your blog looks!!!!! :) So Cute!

Have a TERRIFIC weekend!!!:)

Hugs,
Valinda

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very festive! I like the colors and patterns you chose! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Notes by Nina said...

Very neat technique Judy, well done. Both cards are very festive.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Judy,

Very cool - so good to learn new things - file them away for that "just perfect" technique when you have a special card to do. You're really experimenting and growing, way to go!

Love,
SIL