Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project featuring "A Belly Band".
  2. Or Make a project using "Twine".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "Using Twine with a "Belly Band".*
*Belly Band: A strip of card stock (or you can use ribbon) wrapped around the middle of a card like a belt. It is made slightly loose around the card so it can be slid off to read the text beneath or inside.
(not sure why the two different ways it saved it but seems I can't changed it )sorry....
So here is my try at the Friday Mashup...
My band is made of the words Merry Christmas on the ribbon...
Hope you like the card .....
Recollection Red paper...
I bought this new stamp Dawn's Stamp...this is my first try at doing pastels
Make sure you stop by The Friday Mashup blog

Now all you know my SIL Barb and I start doing a new site last week
The Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge
so here is the layout ....
Here is my attempt
This paper used was bought by my daughter Sam ...
KaiserCraft  -- Christmas Carnival Collection
Elements in my box of goodies that I have had forever it seems...

Have a great weekend ...and please stop by all the family and friends....

14 comments:

Kim P said...

Love the Christmas ribbon as your belly band. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Samantha said...

Your cards are wonderful Mom! I thought you did a fabulous job on your Friday mash up....great coloring with your pastels.

Deb said...

What a cute, fun and whimsical Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Judy:)
I am sooo happy you put the definition of Belly Band on here.I took a double take when I read it at first.LOL BEAUTIFUL cards BTW!! I LOVE them!!

Hope you have an AWESOME weekend!:)

Hugs,
Valinda

Heidi Baks said...

Love your ribbon belt belly band! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

hollybeary creations said...

I love that you used Ribbon for your Belly Band, Great Card too. That is a really cool design. Your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice cards Judy, looks like you have a great start to you Christmas cards.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Judy -

Looks like you've been productive Judy - you are really good at following the sketches and coming up with lovely takes on them. hehe, I'm glad we get the simple one though, for its going to take a mind shift for me to get creative again.

Very nice, thanks for showing and sharing,

Love ya,
SIL

Off to create and post my FF

Tammy Fite said...

Love this card--I like the different elements you've used for the stars in the sketch!! Great job!! Thanks for joining us at SFF!!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Judy, Lovely to see you joining us again for our challenge this week. I love the use of that ribbon as a belly band, great way to close that fancy fold card.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Lisa said...

Wonderful Christmas card and using the ribbon for a belly band is great!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

craftystamper said...

Love all the different elements you used. Thanks for joining us at SFF. How you'll join us again

inkedx2 said...

Cute card using our sketch. Love the paper you chose. Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

Michele K. said...

So very pretty! Yep, you are ready for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup! :)